We can’t wait to see all of our North members and fans back at the footy this season!
Due to health guidelines, attending the footy will be a little different this year. You will need to redeem a FREE ticket to home games using your AFL unique code.
This will be sent via email in the coming days, otherwise it can be found by logging into the member hub. If you have a family membership or linked account, follow the instructions to retrieve the AFL unique codes for each member.
You will not be able to scan your membership card/mobile membership card at the gate. All tickets must be redeemed prior to the game, as no tickets will be available at the gate.
If you’re not yet a member, be sure to join before midnight on Sunday, March 14, to ensure you receive a unique code. Click here to JOIN NOW.
Everything you need to know about access to Round 1 is detailed below:
Round 1 on sale
Tickets for Round 1 can be redeemed from 1pm, Tuesday, March 16. Members will receive access via designated priority groups, with Reserved Seat Members having first access.
Priority group #1
Season Melbourne Reserved Seat members
1pm-3pm, Tuesday, March 16
- Level 1 Premium Reserved (Archer’s Legends)
- Level 1 Reserved / Level 2 Reserved
- Level 2 Premium Seating (Premiership Club) – including 3 game
- Level 2 Premium Reserved (Schimma Platinum)
Priority group #2
Season General Admission members
3pm-5pm, Tuesday, March 16
- Level 1 seating / Level 1 seating – Premium (Social Club)
- General Admission home/home-and-away
Priority group #3
Limited Access members
5pm, Tuesday, March 16
- 1 game / 3 game / 5 game General Admission
- 3 game / 5 game Level 1 seating (Social Club)
- Interstate / Interstate Gold
Match Committee, Arden Lounge, and Cheersquad members will redeem tickets via a different process to ensure relevant access. Please check your emails for further information.
Members will not be able to redeem tickets from 9am-1pm on Wednesday, March 17, during the opposition team’s member ticker pre-sale.
General public tickets will go on sale on at 1pm on Wednesday, March 17, should capacity remain.
AFL unique code – your access code this season
Members can find their unique code by logging into their MyKangaroos account at membership.nmfc.om.au/memberhub. Codes will also be emailed and sent via SMS to members from today.
This will be your code to access tickets for the season – keep it safe!
Capacity for Round 1 has been confirmed at 50 per cent (a total of 28,961 at Marvel Stadium)
Sitting with other members
You will be able to input up to six member barcodes for grouped seating, given all members are in the same priority group. Otherwise, you will need to wait until all priority groups have access before redeeming (for example if a Priority 1 member is redeeming with a Priority 3 member, they must wait until the Priority 3 sale).
We are confident all members will receive access however we recommend logging in during your priority pre-sale time to ensure you get the best seat.
For Reserved Seat members, while you may not be able to currently access your normal reserved seat due to health guidelines, you will be allocated the best available seat on the same level. When capacity limits are removed you will return to your reserved seat.
We thank you for accommodating these short term changes and look forward to seeing you back in your seats soon.
- Tickets will be allocated on a first in, first served basis. General public tickets will only be available if capacity remains after the home-and-away members pre-sales
- Tickets are mobile only, printed tickets will not be redeemable. Upon redemption, you will receive an email from Ticketmaster with your ticket/s for the game to save your mobile wallet. Ensure your phone is charged on game day to scan your ticket. For more information on Ticketmaster mobile delivery, click HERE.
- Our friendly membership team will be happy to step you through the ticket redemption process prior to the game. Unfortunately we are unable to redeem tickets on your behalf
- Members can redeem one ticket per barcode and up to six barcodes can be used per transaction. For information on how to forward tickets, click HERE
- Juniors aged six and under will also require a ticket for tracing and capacity purposes
- No guest tickets will be available during the member redemption timeslot
- Members and fans will be required to follow the venue’s COVID safe measures and will be required to sit in their allocated seat
- The stadium will be split in different zones. Patrons will not be able to cross into other zones. You must remain in your zone where your seat is allocated
- As the stadium will be operating at a reduced capacity, please only redeem a ticket if you can attend the game
- Tickets cannot be returned to the club
- AFL tickets are subject to the AFL Ticket and Entry Conditions
- For more information regarding Marvel Stadium and Covid-19. Click HERE
Wheelchair and accessible seating
Members who require wheelchair and accessible seating can contact the Ticketmaster Marvel Stadium hotline on 1300 883 622 or complete the online form here.
The Ticketmaster Accessible Bookings team are available 7 days a week, 9am – 5pm, and forms should be completed at least 24 hours prior to the event.