Emerging forward Aaron Black has put pen to paper on a new two-year deal that will see him remain at Aegis Park until at least the end of 2014.
Black, selected with the club's third pick in the 2009 National Draft, made his debut in round 24 last year against Richmond following a stellar season at VFL affiliate North Ballarat.
North Melbourne Chief of Football Donald McDonald told kangaroos.com.au he expects Black to play a key role in the Kangaroos' forward line in years to come.
"We feel that Aaron has the capacity to be a very good player for us in the future. He is performing consistently well at VFL level having completed his first full AFL pre-season," McDonald said.
The 21 year-old kicked four goals and was featured among the best players for the Roosters on Saturday, giving him every chance to be in the mix for selection against the Power.
PRESS PLAY above to watch the goals
"It is a terrific sign that another one of our young players has committed to the North Melbourne Football Club. Aaron showed in his debut late last year that he's more than capable of performing at senior level."
Can't view the video? Click here to watch on YouTube